Sunday, January 27, 2008

Awake!

Today, I woke up very awake. I had energy, I wanted to see the sun. I didn't know that I hadn't been feeling that way for at least a month or so. But today was different.

I went to bed around 2 this morning and woke up at 9 on my own. My first thought was: I have just enough time to get ready and try out the church that's two blocks away. So that's what I did. I merrily walked to the church and really liked what they had to offer.

First, it is a Methodist church. I was actually baptized in a Methodist church (!) and my dad's side still attends regularly. The pastor is a woman in her early thirties. That scores points just for being rare, but she seems to be pretty progressive as well. She is rumored to have stood on her head during a children's sermon once too. Which, I can't do...so-more props. The church is around 115 years old, and tiny. Was a 'country church'....which is about a mile or so from the capitol. It's also small in terms of members, maybe around 150. And so far, I have met around 20 of these people and they have all been very wonderful and welcoming. Just... nice. I attended a fellowship meeting afterwards (!!) and joined a small class that will teach me what united methodist really means and how it compares to other denominations. I have actually wanted to learn about the differences between denominations for quite a while, so it's exciting.

It feels good to be awake. I couldn't recommend it more. Eat salad.

No comments: