Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ice on an 80 degree day

Weekend was great. I worked on Sat, then my boss and I drove to Steven's Point-I dropped her off to see her son's basketball game and found Christin! I am so glad that I got to spend some time with her, it's been a long time. Went to a few bars, made fun of the people there, drank some, etc. Went back to Christin's boyfriends house, ate toppers, drove back to Christin's and actually got to sleep in a BED! Drove home in the morning with a sense of utter abandon, I felt like I was free and happier than I have been in quite a while. When I got back to Madison, Theresa, her cousin and I went to the union terrace because it was 78 degrees! You can't pass that up in mid-March. The ice on lake Mendota was not very far off shore, but it definitely got further and further away throughout the afternoon. I read some and burned some, it was absolutely great. I ate dinner with luke-we made chicken fettuccine with marinara sauce and garlic bread. yummy. Luke and I walked the mile or so to Boarders after dinner. He needed to change his schedule for Monday and I wanted to buy a book. When it is that nice out I just want to be outside, so we decided to skip the car. On the way back, we stopped at starbucks and got some iced drinks. Upon arriving home, Theresa and I went to church. Nick sat by us! That was very cool. He hugged me during the 'peace' part. After communion, sometimes they sing a second song without telling us where it is in the book, so I couldn't follow along, but I got to listen. And sometimes music hits me in ways that don't really have to do with my auditory perception. Sometimes I can 'feel' the music, and see it. I want to describe listening to this song as 'a massage for my brain'. It was just really good. I love chords when they hit right and are balanced so that you can hear everything. We then went to Laundry 101 and did a couple of loads, returning home at about midnight.

It was such a great day. I am so grateful for days like that. Yesterday wasn't bad either, I moved my room around a little bit-one of my favorite past times. Crazy, I know.

Back to work, kiddos!

No comments: