Sunday, May 11, 2008

Running blues

I am loving running. Well, maybe not loving loving, but I do like the way that my calves look and feel after just a few weeks! I haven't lost any weight though, which is a bummer. It's probably due to the fact that I eat allthetime, and it is never good for me. Sigh. Hopefully that will change when the CSA starts at the beginning of next month.

I don't know if I trust the coaches in my running program. Who thought up that we should run on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday? That means that we have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off in a row (in case you didn't realize those days were 'in a row') then we have to run for the next 3 of 4 days. It's nuts, if you ask me (which you didn't, but you get my answer free of charge).

This week we ran 1.75 miles on Wednesday and I ran the whole time. I ran about a 10:30 mile! That's much faster than my earlier miles (~12:00). It felt pretty good. On Saturday... that was another story. I finally got up to get to the 2 mile group run at 7:30 in Verona. I am so sucky at morning runs. Death was surely upon me at some point on that shady, gravel covered trail. At my low, my hip hurt, my knee hurt, I couldn't breathe and my whole left foot was asleep. I didn't run the whole time, which is embarrassing. All in all, I only walked for probably 2 minutes, but still. How am I ever going to run 5k (about 3 miles)?

2 comments:

Karlie said...

Hence my problem with running. WHY run at 730 in the morning? That's combining two things I hate-mornings and moving. I say if you want to encourage people to run at least do so at a time of the day when I don't want to be sleeping. 9 am I could do. 730? F-that, man! Good job to you!

Jen said...

Well, I am kind of glad it is when it is, because it's one of the few times I am free. And races are often early in the morning, so we should get used to it. Blah either way.