Saturday, February 24, 2007

Inexplicable happiness in the face of boredom

Hi all.

I am in a great mood. We are supposed to get up to 12 inches of snow in the next 24 hours. Everything is shut down, buses, church in the morning, everything. And I am loving it. It reminds me of when I was little. We used to get tons of snow every winter, and (even when there wasn't snow) we didn't go anywhere, except maybe outside to play. This weather makes me want to drink hot chocolate and watch a movie by a fire. I wish we had a fireplace. But that's the only wish I have right now.

I think small, safe (relatively) disasters are fun, as long as nobody gets hurt. It's exciting to see what it will turn into and how hard I will have to work if I really DO need to go somewhere. But I won't. I love the idea of having to stay in for a day. Sigh. I don't have to do anything tomorrow (singsong voice). Well. Besides homework. But I think that's fine. A fair trade off.

I hope I get bored for a while tomorrow! It's a luxury sometimes in my life. At least lately.

No comments: