Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Door Co. Wisconsin, USA

Three days of perfect weather with good friends, yummy food, and fun activities. That's the short story. The long story? Ok.

A fun, entertaining 4 hour drive to Door Co with Doug and Nikita. We arrived at Newport State Park in the dark at about 10 pm. The sky was BEAUTIFUL. I hadn't been away from Madison for a while - too long - to remember ever seeing so many stars. The night sky was sparkling - like glitter, I tell you! And then I looked down, and realized that the stars were all that were visible. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face, and I had forgotten my headlamp. If there was one trip where my headlamp would have been useful, it would have been this one, and I forgot it. Sigh. So I had to have a buddy if I wanted to do anything during the evening. Oh well.

Newport State Park is at the VERY end of Door County. It's a pretty good sized state park with about a dozen of wilderness only campsites. Here is a doctored up map:
Please note that the route that I colored red is probably more than half a mile long, it took a good 10 minutes to go from the parking lot to the campsite. We made this journey many times this weekend because at the parking lot was the little open area in which we had all of our meals and it was also a general congregating area.

More soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is embarrassing to admit, but for days now I thought that the "Door Co" that you titled your last post stood for 'Door Company'. So I'm sitting there for days thinking "what the fuck is Door Company and why is Jen talking about it?"

I told you it was embarrassing.

Anonymous said...

What is this Door Company doing here?

Anonymous said...

I haven't I ever seen a Door Company?