Thursday, May 24, 2007


So. The dust has settled from the momentous weekend. Everyone survived. I know that my last post didn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was just a little too soon for me to blog about graduation, I guess.

I had my last exam on Thursday, and then had to work, which was hard. I actually was running in place in the back because I was so excited. After work, I got my hair cut (exciting), luke and I went shopping and got completely exhausted. Then I learned how to be treasurer, which seems like it should be ok... but a little challenging. At this point it was like 9pm, and I find out that my Lit prof couldn't open the final that I emailed him. So I have to print it off... but I am at the union, with no print card, no money, and my printer at home didn't have any black ink. I was so exhausted at this point that the thought that I might not actually be done, just made me want to scream. But I got a hold of Andrea and she printed it off for me... I just had to run and get it and turn it in. Even though I was exhausted, I still didn't sleep Thursday night.

Friday was Lukes 20th Birthday, so I took him out to breakfast at the Hubbard Ave Diner in Middleton. After that, I had to see my 'perscriber'... and then my mom came. We (she basically) made potato salad, and then my aunt and uncle showed up. My sisters flight was canceled on the Milwaukee to Madison route, so they bussed her in. When she got in, we went for pizza at the Roman Candle on Willy street. It was soooo good. We came back to my apartment, picked up the food for the picnic the next day and headed over to the hotel. And then we shopped. My family loves to shop. After Target, Kohls, REI and Party something, we met up with my dad and Aunt Karen to eat at Outback Steakhouse. It was so yummy, and it was great just having everyone there. My family is hilarious. Then the convoy traveled back to the hotel, where one group played cards, and the other group drank. I attempted to do both, but the alcohol never materialized. That night I found out that my sister talks in her sleep and that I can go a long time without sleeping through the night.

Saturday I graduated. On big days I get hypersensitive to irritating things, like ... someone in my family who bugs me constantly. But I made it through (with a small close call during the ceremony... stupid anxiety). My favorite part was singing 'varsity' at the end. I always have felt the most connected to my school while singing that song in large groups. Surprisingly, I found my family afterwards outside in front of the kohl center... a miracle in itself. Then there were tons of pictures taken...and we left to go to the arboretum for the picnic I planned. Absolutely perfect day for a picnic. Not to cold or hot, partly cloudy, just great. We ate, took pictures, played in a tree and smelled flowers. Then we visited Laurie at the shop and got some chocolate! It was fun to chat with her.

Man, I have to go to work. I guess I will finish this later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Как Вы считаете, на сколько поднимутся [url=]пенсии[/url] после нового года?