Monday, October 8, 2007

A pinch of this, a dash of that

So these last couple of weeks haven't been all that exciting. I have worked a lot. Which is so exciting... right. Actually it's the complete opposite of exciting, its mind-numbingly boring. Today I got 130 pages of a novel read. Customers are annoying. I know that's what I am being paid to do and all, but why do that have to be so irritating? It's like the come in thinking, "This girl has nothing better to do than watch me look at candy, lets take all day, and then change our minds and take even longer!' Enough about work, I will be there in another 12 hours anyway.

My dad comes home tomorrow night. It's pretty exciting, but it isn't like I haven't been through this a number of times. I am excited to see him and all, but now I have to clean out my car and take him home, yadda yadda yadda. I guess I will get some quality time with my dad out of it, and a free tank of gas. So good times. Tomorrow night I am sure we will go get a beer. He misses that stuff over there.

Tomorrow in general will be really busy. I work from 10-6 and then RIGHT AWAY I have an exec board meeting for hoofers, the general meeting, then I am running with patsy, showering and then picking my dad up at the airport. phew. Guess I will be eating dinner on the road somewhere, between one event and another.

Yes, Patsy and I are going to start running again! I am quite excited about this because running started to be something that I was improving in. Getting better at something is such a huge motivator. And actually being good at something. Now that's rare in this girl's world.

I have been thinking a lot about dating. (imagine that!) I think one of my problems is that I really don't like forced conversations in contrived circumstances. I think most people don't like thisI am also ashamed when someone knows that I like them. It's embarrassing, I assume that they will notice and think, "You like me?! Do you really think that you are worthy of my reciprocal admiration? Who do you think you are?" So basically I end up hiding or denying any kind of interest. Which is SO helpful, I know. But it's really hard to block that feeling that I will be automatically rejected, so I protect myself by not putting myself out there to be rejected. It's self defeating self preservation. Oh, how the mind works. Or my mind at least.

No comments: